Do you leave a lasting impression?
Do You Leave a Lasting Impression?
This question was put to the consultants in the office:
“If you could only give a candidate two tips about their forthcoming interview, what would they be?”
And here are the responses…
- Appropriate attire, for our roles keep it simple yet formal – for example, for the gents: dark suit, crisp white shirt (with the top button done up) and tie tied properly.
- Presentation is as important as being yourself – they will see through any façade.
- Allow your personality to come through.
- Do your research on the firm, remember they will do theirs on you!
- Have questions to ask.
- Be humble about your knowledge and experience; very few clients expect the finished article but want to see you have all the credentials.
- Be flexible and willing to go the extra mile.
A few don’ts:
- Don’t have your phone turned on.
- Don’t be negative – phrase a negative into a positive!
- Don’t ask about the salary in the first interview, nor sick pay, maternity or compassionate leave.
- Don’t be late, work out your travel route in preparation and allow plenty of time.
One of the consultants put it nicely into the 3 P’s…
Presentation, Preparation and Personality!
So, we have given you a few more than two, GOOD LUCK, and we hope you find them useful.
Back to all posts